Thursday, October 27, 2011

Akira Kurosawa & Toshiro Mifune - Legends - Originals Available

Hi guys, here are two new pieces that are a must have for any collector of Kurosawa or Mifune! These are originals at a great price, these won't last long.

KUROSAWA
Original - 16 x 20 Acrylic & Ink on Wood Museum Style - 2" deep sides
The lettering is mostly in english, stylized in my own caligraphy that looks like Kanji.
$400

MIFUNE
Original - 16 x 20 Acrylic & Ink on Wood Museum Style - 2" deep sides
The lettering is mostly in english, stylized in my own caligraphy that looks like Kanji.
$400


Both the great director Akira Kurosawa and Toshiro Mifune are some of the influences I have carried into my art. I first saw movies from this dynamic duo back in 1987 while taking an appreciation to movies course in high school.  I viewed Yojimo and Seven Samurai (during school!) and was mesmerized. Later in college I took Japanese Art History and have carried that subject right through to today.

No comments:

Post a Comment